Wednesday, May 14, 2008

FEAR



With the pending birth of our baby, some people seem to think this is a good time to regale me with horror stories of the birth process - as happened to them, their mother, or their aunt twice removed. I'm not sure if the intention is to prepare me for the worst, and therefore seen as a service, or merely a sadistic ploy to illicit panic.
Generally I don't wish to be prepared just in case my baby turns out to have 11 fingers and toes; I'd rather just deal with problems that arise than worry about problems that may not even happen. Guess I only have to deal with this problem for a few more weeks!

1 comment:

The Welde Madhouse said...

I honestly thought labor and delivery was a breeze. I giggled my babies out....thanks to the good ole' epidural. I enjoyed every second. Don't let anyone scare you. I heard all the stories too. There are no medals at the end for the most pain or chaos. Embrace your moment. Your story. Your baby!