Wednesday, September 5, 2007

PBR



I'm not sure I would say I'm "hooked" yet, but my trip to San Fran this past weekend got me pretty excited about running. Maybe it's not surprising that a personal best 8 miles across the Golden Gate Bridge with one of my best friends would peak my interest. But wow, it was really fun. I've been battling out 3-4 mile runs for a couple months here in Durham in the 100-degree heat and humidity, and while I was proud of myself for keeping to my workout schedule, it was grueling at times. But Sunday was perfect weather, I had friends with me, and it has to one of the most scenic routes out there. From the bridge you could see the city, Alcatraz and the beach. I was so psyched that I gave up my plan to only go 6 miles and went for 8, and made it!

Thanks Brett for the great trip!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done Justin! That's really great.