Friday, January 2, 2009

Drum Set Hero

I had been pretty skeptical of the Guitar Hero phenomenon. Even though I don't play an instrument, I tended to take the musical high road and argue that kids should be learning the actual instrument instead of wasting time on fake, video-game versions. But I played drums on Guitar Hero over the break and got hooked. It was really fun to be able to play along with songs I loved and to let the game dumb it down enough that I could be challenged but not get lost. I highly recommend it and will now be looking to mooch some drum kit time from friends that might have the game. Anybody want to jam?

We had a great visit to MO for Christmas this year. Lots of family got to meet Noli for the first time and she traveled very well. Here are some of the photo highlights.




No comments: